Welcome to Holos Therapy
Holos is the Greek word for whole and also the mission Holos – to help people become whole.
All too often we find ourselves living a fragmented existence and not experiencing the kind of life we long for and desire. Holos is here to people find help, hope, life and God on their way to greater wholeness.
Holos Therpay is a Christian-based therapy service that seeks to move beyond traditional insight-only counseling in two key ways. First is that Holos is not technique driven and instead follows the assumption that God is always at work and seeks to align all aspects of therapy to joining God in his work restoring lives. Second, Holos recognizes that while insight is an important step in the healing process, it is only the beginning point of true heart restoration. True heart restoration is always relational and therefore, experiential. The experience of truth in relationship is what brings healing and restoration. In this way we are made whole, the gap between our head and our heart is closed. No longer then are we plagued by the guilt of what we think we should do and what our heart feels.
Holos offer therapy for men, women, and couples.
Holos can assist with a wide variety of issues (see below), however, Holos specializes in several key areas such as Men’s Issues, Couple’s Issues, Life Story Exploration, and Spiritual Issues. If you don’t see an issue specifically listed, just ask.
Holos serves any adult eighteen years old or older.
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Low self Esteem
- Loss of enjoying things you used to enjoy
- Stress related to specific life events (work, family, finances, health, etc.)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Boundary Issues: guidance on when to say “yes” or “no” with
- Your boss
- Your parents
- Your adult kids
- Your friends, neighbors, acquaintances, etc.
- Life Story Exploration
- Inappropriate relationships
- Feelings of not being “good enough,” competent enough or feeling like a fraud
- Relationship coaching
- Premarital Counseling (Prepare-Enrich on-line assessment available if desired) [https://www.prepare-enrich.com/webapp/pecv/home/template/DisplaySecureContent.vm?id=pecv*home*homepage.html]
- Marriage Enrichment (Prepare-Enrich on-line assessment available if desired)
- Improving Intimacy
- Affair Recovery
- Discovering Your Relational Style: and how to what to do about it [https://howwelove.com/]
- Post-Divorce Care
- Religion/Relationship Perspective and Guidance
- Inner Healing Prayer and Deliverance
- Spiritual Authority Abuse Recovery
Ed Moore has B.S. in Environmental Science from Auburn University and a M.A. in Professional Counseling from Richmont Graduate University. Before becoming a mental health therapist, he worked in the scientific/engineering and business worlds giving him a wide range of life experience. Ed also has many years of experience in prayer ministry with listening, healing and warfare prayer. Additionally, he has nearly thirty years experience with small group ministry. Before starting Holos Therapy, Ed worked at group counseling practice in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Ed is married to Lynn and has two grown adult daughters and one grandson. He is a member of Two Rivers Church. Ed is a lucky man in that his wife loves college football almost as much as he does. In his spare time Ed enjoys the beauty of East Tennessee by taking to the trail or paddle boarding area rivers and lakes.